- 1 cup cashews
- 1 can coconut milk
- 4 cups water
- 1 pitted date*
*Date used as a natural sweetener. This is optional!
- Nut Milk bag (purchase a 200 Mesh bag here)
- Air tight jar or bottle
1. Soak the cashews with 2 cups of water and 1 date (optional) for at least 1 hour
2. Once the cashews and date are done soaking drain them and put them in your blender of choice (I use this small blender).
3. Add 2 new cups of water
5. Add 1 can of coconut milk. I personally use the whole can because I love the taste of coconut. The portion you add is totally up to you!
6. Blend some more :)
7. Strain using your nut bag (I used a cheesecloth and it worked great. It was just hard to clean afterwards, but worth it!)
8. Put into your air tight jar of sorts and store in the refrigerator. This recipe made about 4 cups of milk for me.
Separation is natural so just be sure to give it a good shake before use.
Let me know how your nut milk blend turned out! If you have any questions hit the contact button below! I would love to hear from you.