In honor of my 100th post on my Instagram we are going to play 75 truths and 25 lies. KIDDING! I have written 100 fun facts about me and they are all true.
Typically fun facts are incredibly hard to come up with, but if you are writing to a group of people that may not know you very well it is actually quite easy...or so I think. Here goes nothing!
1. I am half asian (Filipino, Chinese and Japanese mix), my mom immigrated to America when she was 20 after marrying my dad.
2. I have three half brothers, three half sisters and one younger sister.
3. I have two cats. Benry is black and Penny is a calico. I have a slight obsession with them.
4. My high school graduating class was only 17 people.
5. I double majored in Psychology and Sociology and graduated from Whitworth University.
6. I grew up spin fishing and because of David I fly fish more. But I love fishing.
7. I played on the boys soccer team in high school because we didn't have a girls team.
8. I have never been stung by a bee.
9. I got eight teeth removed in one operation! Four wisdom teeth and my canines.
10. In high school my family moved four times.
11. I LOVE flowers, actually love is an understatement.
12. I live in Seattle, WA
13. I work at a preschool as the assistant director. I have always loved kids!
14. My go to coffee order is a latte, iced if it is sunny. Notice I didn't say warm...just sunny HA!
15. I love to cook and experiment with all the random ingredients in my fridge. I call it refrigerator roulette.
16. I have eaten a soy free diet since 2014.
17. I have never broken a bone.
18. I started blogging in March of this year.
19. I REALLY want a puppy, my favorite dog is a golden retriever!
20. My favorite band is Rainbow Kitten Surprise (they are indie/rock, look them up!) But I also love the Lumineers, Caamp, Leon Bridges and Post Malone.
21. Backpacking is my favorite outdoor activity.
22. I really love lavender flavored things. And things that smell like lavender.
23. Once my brother and I caught a wild bunny and I kept it as a pet. It had babies not long after we caught it.
24. My favorite animal is a giraffe.
25. I married my high school sweetheart David. I met him when he was 14 and I was 16!
26. I love traveling! I haven't been many places yet but the countries I have been to are Canada, Mexico, Philippines, Ireland and Belize.
27. I really enjoy reading and do not do it often enough!
28. Right now my favorite color is pink or peach but I really just love all light/pastel colors.
29. I am only 5'1"
30. My birthday is November 8th
31. I used to be on a jump roping team.
32. I love to dance and I am TERRIBLE at it :)
33. I used to rock climb but haven't in a LONG time. David on the other hand goes multiple times a week.
34. I grew up in Tacoma, WA
35. I went to a private Christian school for every grade except 4th and 5th.
36. I am Christian.
37. I don't watch a ton of TV, in fact, I almost never watch TV. But, I am into Stranger Things and Handmaid's Tale right now.
38. Swimming with whale sharks is on my bucket list.
39. I wear glasses but my vision is 20/20. I have an astigmatism.
40. I like to paint.
41. My favorite type of food is a toss up between Indian and Thai.
42. I prefer wine over beer
43. And I think champagne and popcorn is totally acceptable for dinner.
44. Anthropologie is my favorite store.
45. I have eaten pickled sea lion flipper.
46. I enjoy gardening but I am not that great at keeping plants alive. It is a work in progress.
47. I was a "skater" in 7th grade.
48. I used to be in choir in middle school and high school.
49. I tripped walking down the stairs at my college graduation but I didn't fall and I don't think any one really noticed?
50. I love being near the water, lakes and oceans are my happy place.
51. I used to have a cat named Pocahontas and I named my childhood dog Midget...don't let me name your pets.
52. I've only been rear ended once, other than that I have never been in a car accident.
53. But I have gotten one speeding ticket.
54. I used to have a major obsession with Pokemon. I almost had all the cards of the original 151.
55. I know A LOT of song lyrics from the early 2000s and used to be able to rap every song that would come on the radio.
56. I suck at trivia.
57. I love to wear lipstick.
58. I am definitely an Apple products person.
59. I do my laundry maybe once every 2 months. David does his almost twice a week.
60. Once I saw a wild fire start by a lightning bolt striking a tree on a mountain.
61. I ate rat poison as a child because my friend said it was candy, sorry mom and dad.
62. I don't have any tattoos.
63. My favorite winter sport is snowboarding and it has been more fun the better I get at it.
64. I played basketball in high school and was terrible.
65. I misplace my phone a lot. And I tend to generously spread my things out at home or places I am staying at for a weekend.
66. I can be pretty shy and typically won't be the first person to say hi if I run into someone I know.
67. I have beaten the original Mario for Nintendo multiple times.
68. I DO NOT like snakes.
69. I don't do software updates as they come out and David thinks I am a weirdo for that.
70. I am definitely a rule follower.
71. I was almost a 10 pound baby, my poor mother was only 90 pounds when she got pregnant with me.
72. I don't really remember my dreams but I SO wish I did.
73. I only have my ears pierced.
74. Sometimes I get hives if my skin gets too hot or cold.
75. I have climbed Mount St. Helens.
76. I can almost fall asleep any where.
77. I have seen Alex Honnold at the climbing gym and David climbed next to him.
78. I have caught an octopus fishing.
79. I never took an art class in high school or college.
80. I used to volunteer and do work out classes for senior citizens at a retirement home.
81. I can't hold my breath very long.
82. I was born with blue eyes and blonde hair.
83. I am traveling to Israel in June.
84. I used to cut my own hair.
85. I am an aspiring morning person.
86. I often use words in the incorrect context. Or I just use the wrong word entirely. David gets a kick out of this.
87. The most I have hiked in one day is 14 miles.
88. I love storms.
89. I eat left overs for breakfast more than I eat breakfast food for breakfast.
90. I have 27 nieces and nephews.
91. I won the spelling bee in 2nd grade.
92. Apple pie is my favorite dessert to bake.
93. I almost pursued my Master's degree to become a counselor.
94. I never went to summer camp growing up.
95. I could and have spent hours in a book store.
96. I have never had a black eye.
97. I really like "finding" things. Scavenger hunts and word searches are my jam.
98. I sadly only speak English.
99. I have held and pet a baby tiger.
100. I have the MGM Grand security phone number in my phone contacts but that is a story for a different day.
And there you have it. All you need to know about me...just kidding.
It wasn't that hard to come up with 100 fun facts but it wasn't as easy as I was expecting either. I did it in one sitting but 100 fun facts is a lot of fun facts so if you have made it this far I am impressed and thank you for reading.
P.S. I would love to know which one was the most surprising! Let me know :)